- Retail is by curbside pickup only.
- Restaurants and bars with outdoor seating may reopen; curbside pickup can continue.
- State-approved child care facilities may care for children of essential workers and Phase One personnel.
- Barbershops and hair salons may open by appointment only.
- Car washes may reopen for exterior cleaning only.
- Manufacturing can fully reopen with guidance from the county and safety precautions.
- Outdoor day camps and youth sports must follow Maryland Department of Health guidelines.
- Certain outdoor recreation, such as golfing, shooting ranges and tennis courts, can continue.
These businesses and services will remain closed:
- Swimming pools (but licensing and inspection can be requested and conducted)
- Senior centers
- Fitness centers
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Nail salons
Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich said that the county recognized that many restaurants were not currently set up for outdoor dining, and that efforts were underway to close some streets in downtown areas to allow more restaurants space to serve outdoors.