Created by the Montgomery County Council with the support of County Executive Marc Elrich, the $14 million program will help businesses with grants that could be as much as $5,000.
Businesses and nonprofit organizations may be eligible for grants for reopening expenditures they have incurred related to health and safety requirements from the State and County between March 16, 2020, and 30 days following the date when the County starts Phase 3 reopening. The County is still operating under Phase 2 reopening guidelines.
Reopen Montgomery Program Grants will reimburse Montgomery County businesses and nonprofits for expenses incurred to comply with State and County reopening requirements. Reopening requirements are established to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and maintain public health.
For more information on Reopen Montgomery Program Grants click here.
Because of limited County funds and overwhelming demand, Montgomery County is encouraging businesses throughout the County to explore other forms of Federal and State assistance that may be available. Resources to assist in this search include:
- Maryland Relief Wizard
- Montgomery County Covid-19 Resources for Businesses
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
If you have questions about the Reopen Montgomery program, email Reopen@montgomerycountymd.gov.
Resources for new and small businesses check out Montgomery County Business Portal www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Biz-Resources/business-financing.html
Be sure you are in “Good Standing” with the State of Maryland to be eligible for grants.
- Go to Maryland Business Express
- In the “Business Quick Links” section, select “Business Entity Search”.
- Enter your business name and select “Search”.
- Your business will be listed if you are registered.
- Select your business and check under the General Information tab to verify that your business is in Good Standing. It is not necessary to order a copy of your certificate of good standing.