This week tune in for an episode of Social Security…Securing Today and Tomorrow to hear from Greg Harrison, the District Manager for the Rockville Social Security office. During the interview he talks with Diana Varela about the services the office provides as well as location and wait time for residents that visit this office.
The Rockville Social Security Office determines eligibility and pays benefits to those entitled to survivor benefits. Determines eligibility and pays benefits to the entitled legally blind. Determines eligibility and pays retirement benefits to those entitled aged 62 and older.
The Rockville office is located at 315 N Washington St. Rockville, MD – 20850
Top Tips For Visiting This Office
1. Make An Appointment – Do not just show up at your social security office. Without an appointment, you will more than likely have a long wait.
2. How to make an appointment – Call 1-800-772-1213 (or a local office number if they have one) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call the phone number as early as possible or after 6pm. When the office is open, a representative will give you a call back. Set up your appointment.
3. Bring Necessary Documentation – When you are on the phone with the representative, make sure you ask them what forms you will need to bring to your appointment. This will prevent you from having to come back again if you forget your documentation. Here are some documents you may need to bring: US birth certificate, US passport, Social Security Card, etc
4. Bring A List Of Questions You Need Answered – This will make it easier for you to deal with a time constrained social security representative. Make sure all of your questions get answered.
5. Arrive Early – If you cannot make an appointment, the best way to be seen is to arrive at the office early. Arrive just before 9am.