WHAT’S OPEN, WHAT’S NOT ON PRESIDENTS DAY
Monday, February 17th, 2020
- County Offices – closed
- Libraries – closed
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) – all stores open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Recreation – aquatics programs and facilities open. Recreation centers, senior centers and administrative are closed
- Montgomery Parks – visit www.MontgomeryParks.org.
- Ride On – will run a modified holiday schedule. Route information is available at: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/DOT-Transit/SpecialHoliday.html.
- Ride On Flex – no service on holidays
- Metrorail and Metrobus – information available at www.wmata.com
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – closed
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup – county-provided trash and recycling collection will not be collected Monday, Feb. 17. After the holiday, county-provided recycling and trash collections will slide, and be one day later than normal with last collection Saturday, Feb. 22.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station – open normal hours.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – free
- State offices and courts – closed
City of Gaithersburg
In observance of Presidents Day, most City of Gaithersburg facilities and offices will be closed on Monday, Feb. 17. Recycling will take place as scheduled. Note that the regular Mayor and City Council Meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 18.
- The Aquatic Center will be open normal hours from 5:15 to 8:30 p.m.
- Police Department Administrative Offices will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Arts Barn will only be open for the Stories of Dr. Seuss performances, taking place at 11 a.m. (sold out) and 12:30 p.m. Purchase tickets online or call 301-258-6394.
City of Rockville
Rockville City Hall will be closed in observance of Presidents Day on Feb. 17, and several Rockville facilities will operate on their usual schedule.
Parking fees at city-owned meters will be free on Presidents Day.
- Recycling and trash collections will occur one day later throughout the week. For more information, call 240-314-8568 or visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash.
- The Rockville Senior Center – closed
- Glenview Mansion – closed
- Croydon Creek Nature Center and the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre box office are always closed Mondays. Theater tickets are always available at www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre.
- Lincoln Park, Twinbrook and Thomas Farm community centers and the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open regular hours. Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/swimcenter for swim and fitness center lap and program schedules.
Recycling, Trash collection days
If a County holiday falls during the week (Monday – Friday), all collections scheduled on or after the holiday will be made one day later that week.
Presidents Day, Monday, February 17, 2020
|If your collection day is||Your collection day this week is|
|Monday||Tuesday, February 18, 2020|
|Tuesday||Wednesday, February 19, 2020|
|Wednesday||Thursday, February 20, 2020|
|Thursday||Friday, February 21, 2020|
|Friday||Saturday, February 22, 2020|
Look up your recycling and trash collection day, click here.
Presidents Day Tour at the Medical Museum
Come celebrate Presidents Day with a free, docent-led introductory tour at the National Museum of Health and Medicine! The tour will highlight the remarkable changes in American medicine over the past 150 years, with a special focus on military medicine. FREE! Open to the public. No RSVP required. Call 301-319-3312 or visit our website at www.medicalmuseum.mil for more information!
National Museum of Health and Medicine
2500 Linden Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Stories of Dr. Seuss
In partnership with the Metropolitan Ballet Ensemble
A special President’s Day show! The whimsical and wonderful Dr. Seuss stories, “The Cat in the Hat,” “Green Eggs and Ham” and “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish,” come to life through dance, performed by the Metropolitan Ballet Ensemble.
Recommended for ages 4 & up.
Monday, February 17 at 11:00am
311 Kent Square Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
For more information click here.